Join our team and help transform the lives of Central Florida’s homeless men, women and children every day!
Listed below are our current job openings. To apply, please follow any Special Instructions listed. If there are none, submit your cover letter (include job title and salary requirement) and resume to HRDept@cflhomeless.org or fax them to 407.426.1269, ATTN: HR Department. Positions are generally open until filled. No calls please.
If you are contacted for a personal interview, please bring a completed Employment Application. Thank you!
Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Under limited supervision, participates in developing and implementing human resources policies and procedures. Monitors and maintains compliance with human resources regulatory requirements and responds to inquiries regarding human resources related matters. Responsible for confidential administrative and personnel activities as well as the administration of system-wide human resources programs and trainings for supervisors. Work is performed with significant opportunities for exercising independent judgment and initiative. Education/Experience – Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field, and three years of relevant experience which would provide the required knowledge and skills and allows successful performance of the job. Position is full-time. Salary is $40,000-$50,000 and will be commensurate with relevant experience. Reports to CEO.
To apply please email cover letter (including job title and salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 407-426-1269, ATTN: HR Department. The position will be open until filled.
The Receptionist represents Coalition for the Homeless as the first impression of the agency to all visitors and guests. This position monitors access to the shelter and provides excellent customer service as well as administrative support to the staff. The position of Receptionist requires a high degree of professionalism, commitment and adaptability in order to effectively uphold Coalition values and maintain an environment of dignity, respect and cooperation.
• The Receptionist must possess at least a high school diploma or GED.
• Excellent customer service experience a must.
• Understanding of the homeless population desirable.
• Must be proficient in written and verbal communication.
• The ability to effectively serve a very diverse population with aptitude in the areas of conflict resolution, critical thinking and problem solving.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours based upon needs of the agency.
• Bi-lingual candidates and Veterans are encouraged to apply
• Provide appropriate assistance and/or information to guests, visitors, volunteers and donors.
• Greet all persons as they enter the building in a professional manner while monitoring and distributing badges.
• Screen all individuals requiring access beyond the lobby.
• Answer phones and route them to the proper individual and take messages when necessary.
• Attend staff meetings as required.
• Provide administrative support as requested by supervisor.
• Perform any and all other duties as assigned by supervisor.