How We Help
Located at 107 East Hillcrest Street in downtown Orlando, the Women’s Residential and Counseling Center is a program for single women and women with children. As about 71% of residents in this program are victims of crime, predominantly domestic violence, WRCC provides empowerment groups as part of their case plan.
"I called WRCC. They saw the bruises and saw that I was hurting. They made a bed available and I moved in."
- Nutritious meals
- Hygiene and health supplies
- Laundry facility
- Daycare and a voluntary pre-kindergarten class available at CWF
- Case management and support
- Educational opportunities through the Orange County Public Schools LifeStrides Classroom and other community partners
- Mental health counseling through Aspire Health Partners
- Support for victims of crime through our Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Program
- After-school and summer activities through the on-site Boys & Girls Club and volunteer-led programs, such as the Art By Coalition Children (ABCs)