Top 5 New Year’s Resolutions that Help Others in 2018
It’s the beginning of the New Year, which means we all have a fresh start and an opportunity to make 2018 a better year — not only for ourselves, but for those experiencing homelessness in our community.
To make 2018 the most impactful year ever, here are five ideas to add to your New Year’s resolutions list.
- Give back. The best way to support the Coalition and help our guests get back on their feet is to give a financial gift. Your donation provides crucial programs and services that will help them find their way home. Give today.
- Volunteer. Giving your time to help others is an incredibly rewarding experience. At the Coalition, we have a variety of volunteer opportunities for groups and individuals. From serving meals to hosting a birthday party for our youngest guests, there’s something for everyone. Check out our volunteer opportunities.
- Advocate. In addition to donating and volunteering, sharing with others about the Coalition’s mission to make homelessness rare, brief and one time can help spread awareness and inspire others to give back.
- Donate your birthday. Instead of gifts, ask for donations! Whether collecting money or much-needed items, your birthday can have a tremendous impact on the comfort of the Coalition’s guests. Facebook makes it easy to raise money for your favorite causes: https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/
- Hold a supply drive. Whether in an office or a classroom, supply drives are a great way to get friends, family members, and coworkers involved in giving back to the community. From baby wipes to work boots, the Coalition relies on the generosity of the community to help meet the needs of our guests. Check out our Immediate Supply Needs list.